Friday, October 21, 2011

It happened again.

Remember when my baby sent me a song when I needed her most?

Today is the 7th anniversary of the day that I had to end my ectopic pregnancy. I miss my baby girl so much today that it hurts, and because of my political involvement I'm having to talk about her every single day. In some cases, I'm having to defend that I loved her more than anything in the world.

Drew let me sleep in today so I rolled out of bed around 10:15, ate breakfast, drank coffee, and went to pick Ace up from school. After we ate lunch and cuddled, I put him in bed, turned my bathroom radio on, and jumped in the shower.

The song that came on after the commercial break was "I'll Be Missing You." I know, I know, it's technically about a rapper who was gunned down, but what are the odds of a 14-year-old song coming on a top-40 radio station during the 30 minutes I had that radio station on all day?

The chorus:

Every step I take, every move I make
Every single day, every time I pray
I'll be missing you
Thinkin of the day, when you went away
What a life to take, what a bond to break
I'll be missing you

I miss you too, precious girl. Thank you for sending me this message.

No comments: