Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Rock Band Hallo Fest '08

The new Rock Band video game came out last week. Rock Band may, in fact, be the most fun game ever in the history of video games. I totally love it and I wish I had an extra few hundred bucks sitting around so I could buy it for myself. However, my good friends Rob and Cheri are also addicted to the game and bought it the day it came out last week.

Since they'd been planning to buy the game, they decided to have a party around it. They invited all their friends and told us all to come as our favorite rock star.

Thing is... Drew and I don't have favorite rock stars. While brainstorming, I said "Let's just go as the Osbournes... except you should be Sharon and I'll be Ozzy." I never, ever thought he'd go for it. NEVER. Wear makeup and a wig and a bra? Not my husband. Never.

He did.















Have you ever tried to put fake eyelashes on someone with sensitive eyes? It doesn't work out very well. He started crying every time I got near him with those suckers, so we had to scrap the idea. Although for the 2 seconds he had them on, he was very pretty.

I put on his eye makeup till we got to the mascara, which I figured it'd be easier for him to put on. Watching a man who has never worn makeup put on mascara has to be one of the funniest things ever.

I'm sorry I didn't get better pictures, but he had a little stuffed dog and everything. It was hilarious.

Here is Sharon pictured with Tina Turner and a very, very HOT Angus Young:















There were other people at the party, too. Like Kurt Cobain, fresh from the grave.















And here's the nasty back of his head, which was done with fake blood and egg shells.
















Half of the Village People, after switching hats:
















Ike and Tina, making things awkward:















Tina's bruises were so convincing that I totally asked if they were real.

Keith Moon and his bird:















Cheri's godson, Joe, wearing leather pants. Leather pants. On a 2-year-old. Freaking adorable. ADORABLE.















And here he is wearing a wig, which just raised his adorableness to a whole nother level. Later, he dazzled us on the drum set. But seriously, I couldn't get over the leather pants.















The party was seriously awesome. I actually sang "Ballroom Blitz" and got a 98% score, which will go down in my memories as one of the funnest things I've ever done. I can't wait to do it again.

Oh, and just to show that I still think my kid is cuter than Joe, here's a picture of him.

7 comments:

Dr. Wifey said...

that party looks like it was kickin'! Little Joe with the tattoos and chain = awesome!

mayberry said...

"SHAROOOOOOOONNNN!!!"

You and Drew TOTALLY rocked!

HEATHER said...

I love it!! I can't believe that Drew went for that!! Too funny!!

Jennifer said...

OMG--I am crying over Drew right now--CRYING! Ha ha ha ha! That's it--Rock band, adults in costumes, babies in leather pants...I'm packing my bags and moving to Mississippi! Make room!

sinister_n_evil said...

UG... I am so looking for a photo of me from that night... please tell me that you have one of me... send it to me please...

but totally happy you had a good time... mission accomplished!!!

Suburban Housewife... Not so much said...

That is hilarious Stacey! I am still laughing over the fact that you got Drew into a bra!

sinister_n_evil said...

FYI... ringo' Head Wound was Hot Glue, Face Paint, stage blood, and egg shells... and I had rob's pink slip for inspiration... so, i take it you like my work...

;-)