Saturday, May 03, 2008

How to worry Mommy

Hit 104.1 on the thermometer, even after I dose you with Tylenol and give you a bunch of ice cream. Fall over for no reason. Walk around like you're really weak.

Thank GOD for UMC's 24/7 nurse line. THANK GOD.

(I've been given instructions to bathe him in lukewarm water, give him lots of liquids, give him cold foods, and call if the fever doesn't go down at least a degree by 8 pm, get up every 3 hours in the night and check to see if he's hot, dose him with ibuprofen and acetaminophen if he is, and call if the fever hits 105.)

Did I mention Drew's going out of town tomorrow?

10 comments:

Dr. Wifey said...

poor little guy :( i hope his fever drops soon and that you both have a restful night

Susan said...

Goodness, girl. I know you're going to have a rough night. Hope the fever breaks and both get some rest at some point!

Jennifer said...

104??!!! That would scare the crap out of me! I hate when Landon has any kind of fever at all! I'm praying for you guys!

watercolordaisy said...

ohno! prayers continue. hugs!!!

Katy said...

I my gosh. You're a stronger woman than I. I'd probably be sitting in somebody's ER waiting room just to make myself feel better.

Just wanted to say. . . survivor guilt? I had no idea it had a name. Thanks.

clstigger said...

Praying that the fever is down this morning.

Sharon said...

I feel for you all!
Prayers for Ace. :( Poor guy. Poor mommy. I always get scared when my boys are sick.

I'll keep my fingers crossed/pray he improves before Drew goes out of town!

watercolordaisy said...

Hope all is better this morning. hugs!!!

From the Doghouse said...

How y'all doing now?

Sue said...

not to be nosy but I have 2 kids with asthma & a son with tubes in his ears (it was such a good think to do) so I am used to a lot of fevers! I was just going to say any dairy product can keep a fever in (at least that's what I was told)popsicles will help!