Friday, April 18, 2008

Why does he do this...

While listening to an interview on the Sweeney Todd DVD, I perked up at the sound of one dude's voice...

Stacey: That guy sounds like someone, I can't think of his name.
Drew: What's his name?
Stacey: ....
Drew: Okay, okay. What's he look like?
Stacey: It's a grizzly old dude... he plays kinda creepy dudes in movies because he is creepy. He's got hair like Christopher Lloyd in Back to the Future, and he wears glasses.
Drew: Is it Christopher Lloyd?
Stacey: ...
Drew: Is it...
(I'll spare y'all the full 10 minutes he spent guessing and I spent saying "no.")
Stacey: Auuugh, this is driving me crazy.
Drew: Wait wait wait! Is it Bruce Dern?
Stacey: Gasp! (I look up a picture for confirmation.)
Drew: Why didn't you just say Bruce Dern?
Stacey: I'm going to bed.

Tonight, he also taught my son to say "stinky butt," which my son repeated ad nauseam during our entire trip to Big Lots. Hopefully the lady at the checkout stand didn't understand him.

3 comments:

watercolordaisy said...

ohno... heh.

Jennifer said...

This one's definitely going on the pilot episode of our reality show...(We'll air the avocado incident from my house.)

From the Doghouse said...

I'll bet it was Bruce Dern.