Saturday, April 19, 2008

Oh, Hollywood Video kid

Me: Hi, I'd like to rent these, please.
Kid: uhhkay canihaveyourcardplease
Me: Yes. I saw that you have Guitar Hero for rent - is that for the Wii?
Kid: yuh
Me: Oh, okay. How much is that?
Kid: sevenninetynine
Me: Oh. That comes with the guitar and everything?
Kid: no we don't rent the guitar
Me: Why would someone rent Guitar Hero without the guitar?
Kid: mohwoh (un-spell-able mumble that means "I don't know.")
Me: Okay, that's strange.
Kid: wehave the guitarforsale.
Me: By itself? I didn't know that the guitar was available by itself for the Wii yet.
Kid: yuh wehaveit it's like seventydollars
Me: Huh, interesting.
Kid: ithinkthegame comes withitthough.
(Meaning, yes, that wouldn't be the guitar alone.)
Me: O...kay then.
Kid: *stare*
Me: Did you ring my movies up?
Kid: yuh
Me: Aaaaand how much will that be?
Kid: afity.
Me: Eight-fifty?
Kid: yuh
Me: (handing over gift card) When are these due back?
Kid: (walking away) nursmyfinuminid.
Me: I'm sorry, I didn't catch that.
Kid: THURSDAY NIGHT AT MIDNIGHT, MA'AM.
Me: Thanks. Have a good night.

I had equally stellar service at The Beagle Bagel Cafe today. My shirt says something in Italian on it, maybe it says "give me sub-par service, teen-aged boys."

5 comments:

HEATHER said...

I fear for the future! EEEKK!!

watercolordaisy said...

They must not teach annunciation in schools anymore....

Jennifer said...

You're killing me today, Woman!. ROFL!

From the Doghouse said...

I'll bet his name was Carmine.

JesusThroughMary said...

I'm sure they still teach annunciation in Catholic schools, anyway.