Saturday, April 19, 2008

Because I'm on a script streak

Couple months ago:
Me: I love the name Carmine. I'll have another baby if I can name him Carmine.
Drew: Okay. I'm calling your bluff. We'll have a baby and we'll call him Carmine.

Couple days ago:
Me: So I can't believe I'm considering having another baby.
Drew: Yeah, it's kinda crazy. Where would we put it?
Me: Him. Carmine. And we'll clear out the guest room.
Drew: *bristles* Really? Does the baby need his own room?
Me: Yes, I don't want Carmine in the same room as Ace.
Drew: *bristles* They can't share a room?
Me: No, because Carmine would-
Drew: STOP CALLING HIM CARMINE. We're not naming a baby Carmine.
Me: But you said!
Drew: I don't care. I'm not giving our child the same name as someone you lust after.
Me: Then I guess we're not having another baby, are we.
Drew: Guess not.
Me: Guess we're just moving straight to the adoption process then.
Drew: Guess so.
Me: Hear me now, Andrew Spiehler. I will scour this earth to find a child in need of adoption whose name is Carmine. I WILL DO IT.
Drew: You would, wouldn't you.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Again--STRAIGHT to our reality show! Ha ha ha! This cracked me up! Our fake baby name is "Baylor" b/c we used to tell people I was pregnant when we had just started dating and "Baylor" was always our love-child-to-be's name when our friends accused us of lying. I always tell Andy we should name our next kid baylor--or name "it" something shocking like, "Beaver" or "Arm"

PS) I think I'm lusting after Carmine, too, after seeing that picture! Yummay!