Sunday, October 09, 2005

7 more things?

How much more could y'all want to know about me?

The DP tagged me for a meme (and y'all just know how much I love those) so here goes! Note... none of these are in order of importance, dig?

7 people I admire: (Unfortunately for this meme I only surround myself with admirable people, so this is going to be more than 7. I'll try to compress, though.)
1. My parents, because against all odds, I turned out really well.
2. My big sister Jennifer, because she's strong (no matter how much I call her a weenie) and beautiful and filled with inner peace.
3. My husband, because he loves me and through the hardest times of my life he has not failed me.
4. My pastor's wife, Nancy, because she is one of the most faithful people I know.
5. My cousin Kelly, because she is an amazing mother and has gone through some really horrible things in her life but still maintains the same goofy laugh I remember her having when she was a kid.
6. Cousins Jonathan, Veronica, and Nina. What amazing spirits they have despite their hardships, and their respective senses of humor are ridiculous. I wish I were closer to my other cousins.
7. My mother-in-law. Okay, get up off the floor. Look, y'all, I can't get along with her, but my husband has so many qualities he only could have gotten from having a good mama. I admire her for so successfully raising a child she had no clue she would have.
8. My friends. I am so blessed to have the friends I have and I don't know what I'd do without some of them. I was listing all of them and when I realized I had gotten to 15, I decided to compress. I love y'all though.
9. Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I know of nobody else who would endure what he endured for people who didn't and don't appreciate it. Well, I appreciate it. He paid a price he did not owe for a debt we could not pay.

7 things I plan to do within the next year
1. Have a child.
2. Restore my French to the level it was when I lived in France.
3. 1 hour on the elliptical machine. I'm up to 15 minutes before my legs turn to goo.
4. Perfect a pot roast.
5. Make this look work for all mankind.
6. Drink 182 gallons of water.
7. Start my own business.

7 books I love
1. 50 Hikes in Louisiana
2. America, One Step at a Time
3. A Wrinkle in Time, although now when I read it, I can't get the characters from Family Guy out of my head.
4. Up the Down Staircase
5. Beautiful Crescent
6. One Child
7. Galatians

7 movies I have to own: (No linking - these are all pretty popular)
1. Aladdin (which I'm watching en francais!)
2. The Lion King
3. Dead Poets' Society
4. The Breakfast Club
5. Napoleon Dynamite
6. The Notebook
7. Office Space

7 places I want to visit
1. Italy
2. The Holy Land
3. Paula Deen's house
4. North Carolina
5. Greece
6. Ireland
7. Australia

7 places I’ve already been
1. Paris
2. The French Riviera (awwww, yeah)
3. Italy (but not the places I want to go)
4. Los Angeles
5. Las Vegas
6. New York City
7. Boonville, Indiana. What? I bet you haven't!

7 websites I love
1. Bloglines. Without it, I'd visit over 30 blogs every single day looking for updates. Thank heavens for RSS feeds.
2. The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust.
3. The Crawdaddy Page.
4. Feminists for Life.
5. Snopes.
6. AllRecipes.com
7. WordReference.com in tandem with dictionary.com's translation function for parlaying the fransays.

Now, whom shall I tag... I pick Drew, Angie, The Hot Carmel Sundae, Rob, Lauren, and Tony. I know Lauren and Tony don't have blogs, but they can post in my comments. Or start their own blogs. In fact, I'm going to start a letter-writing campaign that Lauren and Tony start their own blogs. Pleeeaaassseeeee? Y'all are totally interesting people. Seacrest out.

3 comments:

angie. said...

7 people I admire:...8. My friends....9. Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

That was nine.

:D

Stacey said...

7 people I admire: (Unfortunately for this meme I only surround myself with admirable people, so this is going to be more than 7. I'll try to compress, though.)

Christina Martin said...

Planning to have a baby and start a business in the same year? Wow, that's a lot for one plate!