Friday, December 12, 2008

"But... he's TWO."

Apparently, my son does a lot of things he's not supposed to do for another couple of years. For example, he can name the numbers 1-9 on sight, and can name most of his letters. Some he confuses, like B and P, S and 5, V and U, G and 6, etc. When his teacher told me yesterday that he named most of the letters in the alphabet and all of the numbers from 1-9, I said he's known his numbers for quite some time now and has been working on his letters for a few months. She looked at me and said "But... he's TWO."

Word.

What he's doing in this video has stunned his physical therapists and a few other people. His private therapist, Miss Kim, who has been working with kids for over 30 years, says that most typically-developing kids don't learn this skill till they're 3, and for a child with cerebral palsy to learn this at the age of 2 is just amazing.

What's he doing? Riding a tricycle, using pedals.



That's just how Ace rolls, y'all.

In related news, my child pedaled that doggone thing 3 blocks away from the house, when I hadn't locked my house or closed the garage door because I didn't think we were going that far. The only reason he stopped was because there was a huge puddle and babies love puddles. He stomped that puddle till his shoes were soaking wet and his pants were getting there, and started demanding that I "wipe your pants? Pants ewwww. Wipe your pants? Cold, mama. Cold pants. Cold water. WIPE YOUR PANTS."

12 comments:

watercolordaisy said...

No one told Ace he wasn't supposed to do this stuff yet. :) Go Ace!!!

watercolordaisy said...

Oh, and, um, does this mean he'll act like a teenager sooner??

Rhonda said...

Wow.

My 3 yr old FT, no CP can't do that. Oh and she pees in diapers like dem peeholders are the best invention since sliced bread. She has NO IDEA why anyone would want to use a potty. Ridiculous.

Ace is somethin' else for sure!

Lori said...

I love it. You have a smarty pants on your hands mama!

Paula said...

My 3 1/2 year old, FT, no CP has only been able to ride a tricycle a couple of months. Way to go, Ace!

Dr. Wifey said...

Ace is just awesome - period!

Melinda said...

Go Ace! You must be soooooo proud. Just be warned: smart isn't always a good thing. That means he'll be learning snarky soon. Especially if Auntie Mel gets to corrupt him a little more.

From the Doghouse said...

That's 'cause Ace is DA MAN!

mayberry said...

I don't think I could do that well on a trike!

Way to go Ace man!

Kayra said...

Way to go Ace! and way to go Stacey! I think it speaks volumes of you, as his mom. You have taught him the sky is the limit (or the road in this case).

JesusThroughMary said...

FT? Quis est??

Suburban Housewife... Not so much said...

I'm telling you that kid is a genius! Pure genius!!!