Monday, September 15, 2008

A prayer

Dear God,

Hi there, Lord. Did You see that video I made fun of the other day? With the Dancing Evangelicals? Wasn't it funny? No? No... You're right. They were praising You, and that shouldn't be mocked. I probably should be punished.

Thing is... well, I'm begging You, Lord. Punish me with pimples. Really big ones, right on the end of my nose. Make me stub my toe on a metal bookshelf. Give me a hangnail that won't go away. Give me bad hair days for a month. Make me watch There Will Be Blood again. Make me pay my own way at Primo's.

Just please, Lord, please... I'm begging You...

GET THAT SONG OUT OF MY HEAD IT WON'T GO AWAY IT'S BEEN IN THERE FOR 3 DAYS MAKE IT STOP PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!!!

*the renewed mind is the key to the Christ in me... the renewed mind is the key to the Christ in me...* oh no...

I see I have truly displeased You, and I'm sorry. I guess I'll endure this as long as You see fit.

Amen.

7 comments:

Webmaster said...

What did we ever do before YouTube? LOL

AM said...

ahahaha....the question is .....can you do the dance?

Jo said...

In college we found that singing George of the Jungle got any other song out of our heads... and amazingly George of the Jungle didn't stick :)

Good luck, you blasphemer!!!!

"THE" Rob Cerio said...

I got you on this one toots...

First, relax... take a deep breath and repeat after me...

"I AM STUCK ON BAND-AID CAUSE BAND AID'S STUCK ON ME...."

From the Doghouse said...

When will we see YOU doing the dance on YouTube?

Amanda Wells said...

Oh great - now I have the Band Aid song stuck in my head. Thanks for that!

Melinda said...

See, this is what happens when you mock the chosen people. bwahahahahahahaha!