I was tagged in April for a seven random facts tag. Sorry, Chris. I'm right on it.
Seven Random Facts About Stacey:
1. I hate the word "pat" when used as an adjective. "Pat response," "pat of butter." UGH. "Pat" is not a unit of measurement. Drew says it's onomatopoeia. "The butter makes a 'pat' sound when it hits your baked potato." I think he's reaching.
2. I tried out for a talent show in 5th grade basically by dancing around randomly to That'll Be The Day by Buddy Holly And The Crickets. I didn't make it. Instead, I got stuffed in a bee costume to introduce one act, and then in an E.T. costume to introduce another.
3. At 27, I still sleep with a teddy bear. What? Lots of people have to sleep with their arms around something. My 20-year-old teddy bear just happens to be the right shape.
4. I am extremely inconsistent with birthdays, Mother's Days, Father's Days... One year, I'll get you an awesome present - the next year, I may or may not even call you. It's not that I forget, because I have a freakish memory, but I always slack off till the last minute with presents and cards and then just don't send them.
5. I hate massages, a fact that shocks - SHOCKS - everyone who finds out. They're just uncomfortable. I've had probably 10 or so, and dang, how many times do I have to tell you to go softer or not touch my feet???? I'd rather get something waxed or "-icured."
6. I first started drinking alcohol when I was 12. We always had Hot Damn cinnamon schnapps in the freezer, and I thought it tasted good in my apple juice. After my aunt died, I stopped drinking until I was 19, when my friend Andy made me a pina colada on Valentine's Day. I basically stopped again when I was 21, and didn't drink for nearly 2 years while I was trying to get pregnant, then pregnant, then breastfeeding.
7. The reason I waited so long to do this was that I swear, I can never think of anything interesting about myself. I'll think about something in the shower, and then forget it.
I'm not tagging anyone. That'd be hypocritical.
3 days ago