Monday, May 19, 2008

1000th post

Someone from my high school's graduating class has started the process of planning a 10-year reunion and has contacted me via myspace to that effect. I'm not sure how well that's going to work out for this year, as it's already May... In any event, I've been thrown into a bit of a cliched weight-loss panic. Although I'm reassured by the fact that I've lost 50 pounds since I was at my heaviest, putting me at around only 30 pounds over what I weighed in high school, and the narcissistic, awful knowledge that other people from my graduating class have gained WAY more weight than I have, I'm still in a panic.

I keep telling myself that I have nothing to prove, that I'm doing very well and have a lot in my life to be proud of... but I can't shake the fact that I went to one of the snobbiest high schools in my state and a lot of that has stuck with me.

I broke down and bought a bottle of Alli. Let the sharting commence.

14 comments:

From the Doghouse said...

Unless you have WiFi and a wireless laptop, I'm guessing we won't be hearing from you for a while.

Dr. Wifey said...

beware of the oily poo! lol

mayberry said...

Oh honey.

You're my belly dancing inspiration! Don't fall into the diet pill trap!!!

Stacey said...

Dude, I know... I'm ashamed of myself. I lost 50 pounds without diet pills.

At least I got it off eBay super cheap!

The DP said...

forget the alli! you are totally fabulous and I guarantee you that you have a way better life than any of the people you went to HS with. Look at Drew's reunion. Y'all totally pwned that one. Diet pills or not.
I lost 60 without diet pills but that last thirty is kicking my ass too so I can't hate on you for that, I would probably do the same. I was crusing the diet aisle myself today after the foot doctor (exercise formerly being my weight loss option of choice until my foot got shot to hell).

Supermom said...

"sharting"

that's the funniest word I've ever heard.

And I'm getting WiFit when it comes out Wednesday. Another useless piece of exercise equipment I'm buying that will gather dust. *rolling eyes*

As screwed up as my G.I. tract stays, I need to stay far away from Alli!!

Good luck, honey!

(loved the pic I got in the mail with the thank you card. It was totally awesome!)

mayberry said...

Amen to supermom on the card with the SWEET little picture. I'm putting on my fridge to make me smile along with all of Mini-me's artwork!

CluckyRN said...

"Shart"

*snort*

I LOVE that they include "oily pizza-grease flatus" as a side-effect, along with the recommendation that you carry a change of clothes with you at all times.

Have fun :)
~:>

watercolordaisy said...

oh hun. You are gorgeous! Screw the idiots.

Webmaster said...

But how many of those snots have a child as adorable as Ace? Hm?
There you go.

Melinda said...

Okay, it took me a while to figure out what the heck "sharting" was... Ewwwwwwwwww.

Sweetie, don't put that nonsense in your body. Oil just is not meant to come shooting out of your butt! It's not supposed to shoot into your butt either, but that's another topic.

Look up

Melinda said...

Oops...

I was going to say "look up..." one of the supplements I'm on, but apparently it only causes weight loss if you have weight gain due to gnarly medical side effects. Nothing on it causing weight loss in healthy people.

Style Expert said...

Step away from the Alli, please! LOL! Your reaction is normal. Mine is two years. I think I should be on crunch time now. However, I forget to take vitamins. So no diet pills for me. HA!

Jennifer Carter said...

I wish I had not missed this last sentence when I first read it...

I could have been yet another avoided warning lable!

Accept, I've heard it referred to as something other than sharting...