Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Ruined

People that are reasonably attractive undeniably hot:

Christian Bale
Barack Obama
Robert Downey, Jr.

People that my friends' significant others look like:

Christian Bale
Barack Obama
Robert Downey, Jr.

Clucky's man bears a striking resemblance to Robert Downey, Jr., but I wouldn't say they're twins. The DP's husband looks quite a bit like our likely future president, but I wouldn't do a double take if I saw Nice Husband in the street. My friend Rachel is married to a man who looks so much like Christian Bale that I was trying to find discreet ways to take pictures of him with my camera phone. When nobody was looking, I was trying to take pictures of the family photos on the wall to no avail. I mean, it's shocking. I think they may be twin brothers. Even Drew did a double take.

Now I feel all weird because I can't ever say that these dudes are good looking, because it's like saying that my friends' men are good looking and that's just uncomfortable.

Heaven help me if one of my friends ever starts dating someone that looks like Carmine Giovinazzo or David Boreanaz. We might start to hang out a little more, but I'd really have to consider modifying my celebrity crushes.

3 comments:

Katy said...

I don't have any experience with this except the one time I saw a guy who looked exactly like Corey Feldman at a party only to find out that he was married to one of former sorority sister. That's not really the same, though, is it?

Your post about having a baby and the other NICU family really hit home. When Charlie was in the hospital there was another little girl there name Charlotte nn Charlie and her parents were the same age. She was also on life-support, but she didn't make it. I'll be a monkey's uncle if the ENTIRE state of Arkansas wasn't praying for that little girl and it wasn't enough. I just KNEW she was going to make it too. This summer will be my son's first birthday, but it will also be the first anniversary of Charlotte's death and that's not something I'll easily forget.

Wow. Perhpas that was TMI? I'm also thinking about starting a group, but I was thinking a playgroup for parents of special needs children. I used to be the uber-planner, so I know i could pull it off if I put m mind to it. We'll see, though.

watercolordaisy said...

If you find any single men who look like them, CALL ME.

Jennifer said...

I need to see a picture of this Christian Bale look-a-like--That man is soooooo HOT! I am so glad none of my friends' husbands look like him! Phew! Guess who Andy has been told he looks like? Corky from life goes on!! Ha ha ha ha! People have told him he looks like Macauley Caulkin, too :o)