Sunday, February 24, 2008

7 things

I am no good at memes anymore. In fact, I basically suck at them. Shoot, I'm still coming up with questions from that interview meme I did several months ago. However, to prove that I am still interested in being tagged, I'm doing the meme that Sharon tagged me for nearly a month ago. I know I've done a similar one before, but I'll try to think up more.

Here’s how it works:
~Link to the person that tagged you and leave a comment on their blog, so that their readers can visit yours.
~Post the rules on your blog.
~Share 7 strange/weird facts about yourself on your blog.
~Tag 7 random people at the bottom of your post, linking to their blog.
~Let each person know by leaving a comment on their blog.

1. I cannot be touched when I'm sleeping. This goes back a long time. When Drew and I first got married, I thought married people were supposed to snuggle and spoon while they slept and I'd get over my issues eventually. After probably 2 months of not sleeping, I had to put that to an end. Thankfully it didn't phase him. Now we have separate blankets, and I sleep in my little Stacey-burrito, not to be touched.

2. While watching Sex and the City, I often wonder what Miranda and Steve did about Brady's name after they got married. Did I miss an episode where they dealt with that? Surely something was done. Even if Brady kept the last name Hobbs, Steve couldn't introduce himself as "Steve Brady, and this is my son Brady." These are the things I think about.

3. I think I've mentioned this on my blog before, but I have to eat equal numbers of things. For example, I'll pick up 6 M&Ms instead of 5 or 7. (pfft, who am I kidding. 26.) If I do have an odd number of a food object on my plate, I have to cut that last item in half. If I have an odd number of peanuts, I'll split the last peanut in half and eat it that way. Why? I have to chew things equally on both sides of my mouth. Why? Yeah, your guess is as good as mine.

4. I'm a 27-year-old woman, and I still have no idea what to do with hair rollers. I own them, but I don't know what to do with them other than putting them in my hair to make it super curly. I remember seeing Emily with great big rollers in her hair before her wedding brunch, then she came out with perfectly beautiful straight hair, and it seemed a waste of time. My mom uses big rollers in her hair, then straightens it. She says it's for volume. I guess I just don't understand.

5. I've had widely varying religious beliefs. I was atheist for a minute, but I think that was out of rebellion instead of actual non-belief in any deity. I used to practice some aspects of paganism, and at one point, I was into voodoo. I was getting ready to take Catechism classes before I decided to settle on a non-specific Christianity road and got baptized at 19. Sometimes I still wonder if I should've stuck to Catholicism, but I'm not going to join the Church when I disagree with a few of their major tenets. I think it's disrespectful.

6. I've never seen Animal House, a fact which shocks Rob to his very core. It came on AMC a couple of weeks ago and has been on my DVR ever since. I might watch it tonight.

7. I love it when Drew helps with household chores, which he blessedly does readily when asked (and even when not asked), but I can't stand the way he folds laundry. There is a controlling beast within me, and this is one of the hopefully few ways I allow it to escape. Every time he folds the laundry, I have to go back and redo everything except the socks. And I hate the way he folds socks.

I hope those were strange/weird enough.

And now, I tag! I tag!

1. Cluckaroo
2. Susan
3. Jo
4. Alice
5. Supermom
6. Doghouse
7. Angie

3 comments:

CluckyRN said...

Oh heffa, no you din't. This will take me a month. *sigh*

Heh.
~:>

Webmaster said...

thanks for not tagging me! ;)

Jo said...

Uh, OK... 'cept that I don't KNOW 7 bloggers....

*sigh*

I'll do what I can.

Keep up the great work with your Lenten desires :) hee hee!!

Jo