Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Yyyeahhh...

If you have a full beard, you're too dang old to trick-or-treat. Don't call me "ma'am." You're probably my age.

If you're taller than me (I'm 5'7), you're too old to trick or treat.

If you walk up to my house with an admittedly adorable 2 month old and nobody else, you know darn good and well you're trick or treating for yourself, and I'm judging you.

If you are trick or treating, DON'T RING MY DOORBELL 4 TIMES.

If you're wearing jeans, a t-shirt, a camo jacket, and a State ballcap, you're too lazy to trick or treat.

If you're still going through puberty, don't tell me that you're collecting candy for your son. Either you are too old to trick or treat, or you ARE telling the truth, and the former gives me slightly more faith in humanity.

Just so you know, the way to my heart IS, in fact, saying that I have the GOOD candy. And saying "trick or treat" and "thank you." And being Elastigirl (right, Alice?) or Pebbles.

If you're 30 years old, you should know that a 16-month-old will, if given the chance, stuff the ENTIRE party sized Mounds bar into his mouth, so please to be cutting it into smaller pieces.
















Yes, I took a picture of my child gagging. Where's my Mother of the Year Award, people???

Don't worry, Drew was just about to fish it out of his mouth.

More pictures tomorrow :)

10 comments:

Susan said...

If you neglect to turn on your porch light you get to keep all the candy for yourself.

And that's one adorable tiger you got there.

watercolordaisy said...

heh. If you are old enough to drive to my house, you are too old to trick or treat.

Jennifer said...

Ha ha ha! When I saw this, I was like, "Is he CHOKING?!"--and he really was--ha ha ha! We have a video of one of our family friends choking (waaaay worse than Ace's gag)--It was terrifying, but now (20 yrs. later) we die laughing every time we watch the tape--LOL!

One last thing--Did you see Ron Paul on Jay Leno? Here's the You Tube video of it:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6518579930702489626

He's going to be here in Greenville tomorrow! :o)

Stacey said...

To be fair, Ace wasn't quite at the point of gagging when I took that picture. Just trying to get the giant Mounds bar out of his mouth.

We just watched the Jay Leno from last night. That guy is so awesome. Are you gonna try to go see him?

Jennifer said...

Yeah, I could tell he wasn't gagging yet--I know you'd be having a heart attack and not snapping pictures in that case--The expression on his face just cracked me up :o)

I am planning on going to see Dr. Paul tomorrow--Should I pass a message along for you? :o) (I'll take pics!)

(I am falling in love w/ this man!)

BB said...

ha! yes, those kids WERE too old last night!

ace is precious. i'm still elated from all the sugars!!!

mayberry said...

I hate it when Mini-me makes this face - a mess always follows....sigh.....

Unknown said...

He wasn't choking, he was just telling us about his see-food diet.

Webmaster said...

Preach it, sister. I think some of these children came to my house, too!

From the Doghouse said...

I saw several of those last night, and thought the same thing. Heck, you know you're too old to be out; at least put on a costume to make it a bit more legitimate.

Ace should have gone for distance with the bar.