Sunday, September 17, 2006

Food meme

With my copious amounts of free time, I will do another meme. Stolen from the DP.

How do you like your eggs?
Very, very dry. If there's any kind of goo in them, I will hurl. My mother-in-law thinks I burn my eggs because I will fry them till they're brown.

How do you take your coffee/tea?
Coffee - decaf, with 2 splendas and 1 cream. And I like my tea nice and pepperminty.

Favorite breakfast foods:
Cereal. Lots and lots of cereal. If someone else is making it, I'll go full on Southern breakfast (pronounced "bruffus") complete with grits, bacon, and something with pecans in it.

Peanut butter:
I loves my organic, natural peanut butter.

Coke or Pepsi?
Caffeine-free Diet Coke.

You're feeling lazy. What do you make? Jam on toast?
Yeah, actually. Or a spoonful of peanut butter.

You're feeling really lazy? What kind of pizza do you order?
pepperoni, extra cheese. Although y'all have GOT to try that new lasagna pizza from Pizza Hut.

You feel like cooking. What do you make?
Tony Chachere's red beans and rice.

Do any foods bring back good memories?
Meatloaf brings back memories of my dad. Every time I make it, I think about the way he used to make it and how my husband can't stand it being made that way. Eating anything with nutmeg makes me think of Christmas, and I love Christmas.

Do any foods bring back bad memories?
When I went to France, I told myself that I'd eat at least a bite of anything put before me. My host family took advantage of that and put escargot in front of me, slathered in pesto. To this day, 9 years later, I can't eat pesto.

Do any foods remind you of someone?
Yeah... meatloaf. See above.

Is there a food you refuse to eat?
Cauli-freakin'-flower. And no, I HAVEN'T tried YOUR cauliflower, and NO, I won't, because it'll still TASTE LIKE CAULIFLOWER.

What was your favorite food as a child?
I don't know. I wasn't real picky.

Is there a food you hated as a child but now love?
Avocados. My stepmom made some gross guacamole once and I vowed never to eat it again. Fast forward to moving to California, where guacamole was as present at parties as mullets at a NASCAR race. Now I love avocados, and put guacamole and avocados on everything I possibly can.

Is there a food you loved as a child but now hate?
Nope.

Favorite fruit and vegetable:
Strawberries/peaches and cucumbers/avocados.

Favorite junk food:
How long ya got? Let's see, I'll start with chocolate anything. Moving on to potato chips, I'm a fan of original Zapp's and Doritos. In and Out Burgers. Hot dogs with American cheese and sweet relish. Pizza rolls.

Favorite between meal snack:
Peanut butter

Do you have any weird food habits?
I dare you to top this one, but I must make sure that I chew an equal amount of food on each side of my mouth. For example, if I eat a peanut, I will chew it on one side of my mouth, then I MUST eat another one on the other side in order to make a balance. If I only have, say, 3 peanuts, I will split the odd peanut in half.

You're on a diet. What food(s) do you fill up on?
hahahahahahahahaha

You're off your diet. Now what would you like?
hahaha.. ohhh...hoo. good one. Diet. hee hee.

How spicy do you order Indian/Thai?
Barely.

Can I get you a drink?
Yeah, water.

May I get you a drink?
Okay, you're being a little weird.

Red wine or white?
No thanks. I don't like wine. I did get looped off some Zinfandel once, but most wine snobs would scoff at that being called wine.

We only have beer.
Well, the first step is admitting you have a problem. Let me get you my mom's card.

Favorite dessert:
Whatever dessert I'm eating is my favorite.

The perfect nightcap?
chocolate milk

2 comments:

angie. said...

You call heating up Tony Chachere's red beans and rice cooking? HAHAHAHA!!

You poor thing. I'm gonna have to teach ya about the real deal when I see ya next time. ;D

XOXO

Melinda said...

Tony Chachere's from a box is so cooking! So, there, javafoofoo.