Thursday, May 18, 2006

Myspace strikes again

I've searched for a bunch of my long-lost cousins, and have come up with 6 so far. I've been too lazy to keep in touch with them, so one of them has gone from this adorable little girl who couldn't get over my dad to this tall, gorgeous thing - I seriously can't remember the last time I saw her. I saw her brother last year at our other cousin's wedding, and he's totally gorgeous too. They're so lucky they got their mom's genes... I hope I can keep in touch with those two, even though I have hardly talked to them during their entire lives. I love having close relationships with my cousins.

Two of them are Smiths, so without pictures, they're totally hard to track down. WAIT... just found one of their birthdays. Gotcha.

There's another whose profile is private and I can't send him messages, instant or otherwise. He's only 15 though, and probably couldn't care less about me, so maybe I'll try to be his favorite cousin in a few years.

Number 6 is COUSIN JESSA, awesomest little cousin on that side of the Miss'ippi river, I tell you.

I think it's awful that I rely so heavily on the internet to maintain contact with my family. If it weren't for e-mail/blogs/websites/instant messengers, contact with my cousins would be few and far between. I reckon it's not so bad then. Except for the fact that my two youngest cousins (ages 2 and 4-ish months) will totally not know me until they get on the 'net.

aaaannnd I'm up till nearly 1 again. Fantastic. Dang shower repairman coming at around 9, and I'm sitting here goofing off on myspace. Worrying about offending people if they're not in my top 8... ahh, how the internet has changed social norms...

AND a completely random fact: the BJ of the winning team of The Amazing Race 9 is a good friend of a friend of mine, and I've totally met him. Yeah. I kinda know a pseudo celebrity.

1 comment:

Waterfall said...

What's interesting to me is that, now that it's so much easier to keep in touch with people via the internet, I've become worse than ever at actually keeping in touch. Pre-internet, I was a big letter-writer and was religious about keeping in touch with friends and family. I don't know if it's the internet or just getting older and not having as much time and energy that's caused me to stop being in touch. Probably a little bit of both.

Congrats on your family-finding mission success!