Monday, April 17, 2006

A good news/bad news post

Good news:

I had a wonderful Easter with my family. The Haydels made an appearance, which was awesome. Not only was it a great family day, but it was a great day all around. What’s better than the celebration of the resurrection of the man who defeated death to pay for all the sins of mankind? Love it!

Bad news:

Found out my sister, Amanda, is pregnant. Yes, my drug-addicted, mostly jobless, unmarried sister is pregnant. I could go on, but I’m trying to be positive. But I really, really could go on.

Good GREAT news:

I decided this morning that I’m going to Panama City Beach tomorrow. I haven’t been since I was 15, and I’ve been saying ever since my grandma moved there that I was definitely going to go. Now I get to see my grandma, my stepmom (who is visiting), and hang out on the beach. I haven’t seen my stepmom since last July, and I haven’t seen my grandma in nearly 5 years. I get to buy a maternity bathing suit, and go swimming. I haven’t gone swimming in at least a year and a half. I could really go on, because I’m really excited. Oh, and I get to listen to Bob and Bender in the morning, which is totally my favorite morning radio show, and I never listen anymore because I have no reason to get up early.

Bad news:

I hate road trips, especially alone. I've never driven for more than 4 hours by myself, and this trip will be closer to 7. I've never felt the draw of the open road, or any nonsense like that. I've always felt the draw of the closed airplane and the much shorter trip. I'm going to stop by the library and see if they have any good books on CD. If not, I'll reacquaint myself with Burlap to Cashmere, Billy Joel, and Jars of Clay.

Good news:

Panama City Beach, Florida - partly cloudy, highs in the lower 80’s all week!

Bad news:

Brandon, Mississippi - partly hubby, won’t see him all week. I don’t like taking vacations without him. I tried to talk him into going this weekend, but he gave me some nonsense about having to do a test and a midterm. I told him he was mean, and he said “Tell me that when I have a master’s degree.” I said “And we have 2 children and no time for vacations? I will.” Tee hee. You won't find a more supportive wife than me!

Okay, so I don't know how long I'll be gone, but it won't be longer than Friday or Saturday. I'll miss Drew WAY too much, and I don't like being far from my obstetrician. I definitely have to get outta here though, because by George, I have some errands to run! Ciao, baby!

No comments: