Sunday, March 26, 2006

Vegeatbales, faith, and other random topics

Kroger has frozen vegeatbales on sale 10 for $10. I think that's a great deal. I especially like frozen cron.

The sign in front of the Pentecostal church down the street says "Praying should be as natural as breathing." Thaaaaanks. In my 6 years of Christianity, I've never had a really easy time keeping up with prayer.

I watched the new show Unan1mous last week, and watched a woman who calls herself a minister tell a gay man that he is going to Hell. I think that's the number one worst thing that a Christian can say to anyone, without a doubt. That is something that we could never, ever, ever know. And honestly, when's the last time Hell scared anyone that didn't actually believe in it??

Why do some Christians hate on other denominations so much? As long as they're not hurting anyone, let people worship the way they want to. If they think the Bible is telling them to do headstands while reciting the national anthem backwards before prayer, who is it hurting? If you don't want to worship with them, don't, but for goodness' sake, don't pretend your way of worship is better than theirs.

I also don't like it when people end an argument with "I'll pray for you." It's a snotty way of using your faith and lording it over someone, excuse the pun.

I don't know how I feel about pastors of really big churches making lots and lots and lots of money. Jesus, if the head of a church today, probably wouldn't have made any money. I also don't know how I feel about gigantic, ornate churches (*cough* 80 million dollars Joel Osteen *cough*). It seems the money could be better spent.

I started a new meditation last week that focuses on overcoming my fear of the dark, and more specifically, being alone in the dark. I think it's working - I didn't sleep with the light on at all last week. I did keep the nightlight on though.

Drew's coming home tomorrow, only to have to go back to California within the next few weeks. For a multi-billion dollar company, they sure can't get a schedule right.

I hope this is my last week at work. The assignment that was supposed to be 2 weeks has turned into 2 months. I'd really rather be cleaning my house. Anyone know any good grout cleaners?

I can feel the baby move pretty frequently now. Nothing specific, no kicks or anything, but every once in a while, usually in the late afternoon, I can feel movement, like the baby's rolling around. My hips are starting to hurt pretty badly, which sucks, but I hear it's pretty normal. I looked up some remedies, and other than Lortab, I'm supposed to walk around more. Easy for you to say. I'm 19 weeks along today - that means next week, I'll be 5 months. Totally weird.

While I've watched a lot of people around me burn out on blogging, I still love it. Everyone says "What would I talk about? I'm so boring." Yeah, and *I* lead an interesting life. Nope, nothing interesting about this life a'tall, but I still have 30-40 people coming to my site on a daily basis to read about it. I reckon I'm more of a writer than I thought.

Bah, I'm spent. Y'all have a good night.

No comments: