Saturday, January 07, 2006

Nyah nyah, Katrina

You can't destroy New Orleans. And nyah nyah to all you naysayers that said there would be no Carnival this year. Y'all don't know anything. I knew we'd be back. Thanks so much to all the krewes that are giving the big up-yours to Katrina and rolling.

http://www.mardigrasday.com/schedule.php

I wanna go, I wanna go, I wanna go. I can't miss Orpheus this year AGAIN. I'd also love to see Hermes, Krewe d'Etat, and Endymion. I also wanna king cake... yesterday was Twelfth Night, they're on sale now! So who wants to see parades with me and who's letting me stay at your house? *cough* Agnie *cough*? I promise I won't bring any beads to your house! Just doubloons!

And a big nyah to my husband who reneged on my dream to move back to New Orleans one day. We'll be back. I'm not letting Katrina destroy my dreams.

I love that town!

3 comments:

Tim said...

Thank you for blogging about New Orleans and Mardi Gras. My Dad will be riding in a parade in Metairie this year as he always does, and my family and I all parade in a marching club called Mondo Kayo on Mardi Gras day.

We're all looking forward to it, too.

Peace,
Tim

"THE" Rob Cerio said...

Don't forget toots... always room for you and yours at casa kahunah.

Shiksa on the move said...

If, by some chance, you are able to locate one of the old mckenzie's style king cakes and ship it to me, I will pay you back a thousand times over. Call me old school, but I love the plain brioche cake with the sugar on top!