Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Drew's nocturnal musings

It's about 11:30. I'm finishing up the first book in the Chronicles of Narnia series. Drew's been asleep for about 45 minutes.

He rustles, taps me on the leg, and looks at me somewhat entreatingly. I think he's going to tell me that the lamp is keeping him up, and to turn it off. No.

He puts his finger on my side, and with the seriousness of a heart attack, says "Take the green staples and put them over here," pointing at his nightstand, breaking out into a very cute smile. "What green staples, honey?" "The ones from the circuit board." He's still smiling very sweetly. He rubs his face a little and says "I'm serious, man! Sometimes the circuit boards come with green staples, you know, in the diagrams. ... I don't know what the hell I'm talking about." With that, he goes back to sleep. Well, after asking me if I'm still laughing.

20 minutes later, I'm done giggling, and have finished my book. Every night before I pull the covers over me and close my eyes, I give him a kiss on the cheek or on the shoulder... it's kind of my way of verifying his presence. I know it sounds weird. I do a lot of weird things. I kissed him very lightly on the shoulder, which he usually sleeps right through, but last night he woke with a violent start and looked over his shoulder and said "You scared me!" My bad.

1 comment:

angie. said...

LMAO sounds like it's always fun times at the Speihler residence!