Thursday, September 15, 2005

Yep, I have endometriosis.

I'd like to thank many other women in my family for sharing that little genetic abnormality with me. What'd I ever do to y'all?

I kid.

I'm feeling positive and a little sorry for myself at the same time. I'm feeling positive because now I know that the adhesions from the endometriosis are what caused my ectopic pregnancy. Like many others, I looked for reasons to blame myself for it (Is it because I'm fat? is it because I have PCOS? Is it because I wrestled with my little brother when I was like 3 days pregnant and didn't know it?) but now I know it's because those adhesions were wrapped around my tube. I'm feeling sorry for myself because dangit, all I want is a baby. Add this to PCOS, and I might have a difficult road ahead of me.

I can start actually trying for a baby in about two weeks, after I see my doctor again and she gives me some meds and the all-clear. Interestingly enough, my post-op appointment with my doctor is on the same day that I think I conceived last year. We'll see how it goes.

I'm going to spend the rest of the day sitting in a recliner eating soft foods in an oxycodone-induced stupor. Ciao!

No comments: