Friday, January 23, 2009

yeahhhh.

My son has been noticing the ladies quite a bit lately. Right before Christmas break, I told him I loved him, and he said "I love you," then said the name of a girl in his class. Mmhmmm. When we got back to school, I told her father I needed to have a word with him. He laughed after I told him the story and said "Well, we hear Ace's name a lot too. You know that newsletter we got with all the kids' pictures in it? She walks around the house pointing to his picture going 'Ace, Ace, Ace'." Yesterday afternoon, her mom looked at Ace and said "We sure hear your name a lot."

Tuesday, I was holding Ace after school and his teacher was holding a little girl whose name starts with C. The teacher said "C, give Ace a hug!" Ace looked at her and leaned in and she smooched him on the cheek. Ace burst into wild applause and yelled "YAAAAYYY!"

Wednesday morning, I walked in with Ace to drop him off and his teacher was standing in the hallway with C and another little girl, E. "Girls, look who it is!" They both turned around, pointed, and yelled "ACE!!!" and started running toward him. He yanked on my coat and mumbled "Mama pick you up. Mama pick you up, PLEASE." C leaned in for more sugar and E went for a big ol' bear hug. Ace started giggling and giving me this "yeah, Mama, this is how I roll" look.

It may have been the cutest thing that's ever happened in history.

16 comments:

HEATHER said...

AAWWWW!!!
Sounds so precious!
You are going to have to start taking the video camera with you to school!

watercolordaisy said...

Cute!!!

Sandi said...

I'll never forget when Meshelle came to the moms squad meeting in a skirt suit and heels, and Ace gave her the once-over. LOL
The ladies man.

Sharon said...

If I ever have a daughter, can we arrange a marriage?

AM said...

he's a lil P-I-M-P!

Shiksa on the move said...

He'll have a full-blown entourage before in no time. "I want to sit next to Ace, no I WANT to sit next to Ace. Ace, please come sit by me, pleeeeeeeease!"

Melinda said...

Are we sure he's not my son? hahaha That kid is just getting cuter every day. I'm with Heather, you need to give us some video!

Dr. Wifey said...

he is quite the ladies' man with gorgeous smile! watch out!

dhcoop said...

How precious!

Laurie said...

He's got his Mama's charm!

Galen tried to pick up a cute blonde mommy at Barnes/Noble tonight - these 2 boys need to go out on the town together. They would KILL!

Jennifer said...

Ha ha ha ha ha! A look into your future, I'd say! That is so cute!

Nicole Bradshaw said...

Girl, take that kid to Chick-Fil-A and see if you can score some free fries! There are usually some cute little high school chicks working there; they would totally fall for him!

;)

Jen said...

Mack Daddy Ace Man! haha But, what girl could pass up that sweet face? ;)

From the Doghouse said...

My son has been noticing the ladies quite a bit lately.

LATELY?!?!?

Need I remind you about the waitress at Aladdin's?

mayberry said...

Ha! That's awesome!

black betty said...

too cute!!!