Wednesday, January 14, 2009

TV is rotting my brain.

So I was listening to the radio earlier in the car when I heard an ad for Holocaust Sports. The worst things flooded my brain, since I've been watching a documentary on American Nazis and what true peaches they are, and what a credit to their race. "Surely," said I, "the radio people haven't rented ad time to Nazi jocks." Still, the guy continued. "Come to Holocaust Sports, finest in sports equipment, blablabla." The longer I listened, the more my bewilderment turned to annoyance and anger. I was already composing my letter to the station's director in my head and making indignant and exasperated noises at the radio.

At the VERY end of the commercial, the announcer repeated the name, and only then did I realize that I'd been getting myself all in a huff over Paul Lacoste Sports.

Bummer name.

12 comments:

Jen said...

oh that is bad. That is something I WOULD SO DO! hah!

black betty said...

LOL! yeah, they might want to change their name or have someone else announce their commercial. :)

watercolordaisy said...

heh

From the Doghouse said...

Why don't they just go with Izod?

jk said...

Oh dear LMAO!

Kayra said...

Well, CNN had a report last night on a couple in maryland who named their kid Hitler.

Rhonda said...

ha ha. I felt like that yesterday but for a different reason obviously.

I was at a stoplight with one car in front of me in the left turn lane. The arrow turns green and he just sits there. I give him a few seconds as a courtesy and then tap my horn. He looks back and forth and I'm knowing the arrow's about to turn red again so I totally do the long, rude honk. He jets out and turns fast and that very second I hear sirens and an ambulance runs through the intersection. He was sitting there because he heard or saw the sirens that i couldn't from where i was. Woops. My bad. :(

Brou HahHah said...

Like the song goes,

"C'est la vie say the old folks, goes to show you never can tell"

JesusThroughMary said...

What are you getting so worked up about? The Paul Lacoste never even happened.

Stacey said...

Tony - you made Drew snort.

Regan said...

This morning, as I showered while still in a sleep haze, I read the front of my new volume boosting shampoo as "You deserve a little racist." I stood there, with soap running down my face as I tried to figure out what I had done to deserve a little racist. And would he be racist against me or would he follow me around and make racist comments to people we encounter. After more time than I would like to admit, I realized it said "You deserve a little raise." That makes much more sense.

Koontah said...

I just peed in my chair!! Hahahahahaha!!