Thursday, November 20, 2008

wow

The range of topics 3 women can discuss when they've ostensibly met for book club will never cease to amaze me.

We talked about Twilight for less than 5 minutes. We sat at Julep for nearly 3 hours. We sat at Newk's once for almost 4 hours, but to be fair, it started pouring down rain, and Sandi and Nicole talked about the book for 20 minutes (Nicole brought NOTES) while I ate my club sandwich in silence because I hadn't read the book.

Aaaand my cough syrup just kicked in. If your phone happens to ring tonight and you see it's from me, do me a favor and just hang up on me.

10 comments:

Dr. Wifey said...

5 whole minutes on Twilight, huh? guess yall won't be making a field trip to the movie!

Jen said...

Well, Now I could have yammered on and on about that sweet sexy ass book for a whole lot longer than 5 minutes! haha

Glad yall had fun though. You needed the break! (and deserved it)

I still hate I didn't make it. Are they going to do one for December? I really want to make it to one of them!

From the Doghouse said...

You never cough syrup-dial me ...

black betty said...

so that was YOU that called at midnight...HEFFA!!! :P

Nicole Bradshaw said...

Resist the urge to pick up the cough-syrup-induced phone call. Trust me, peeps.

Had fun, sweets!

sinister_n_evil said...

oh hell no... what time do you take those meds... i almost got you to come to new orleans for a dohnut... and that was just texting... we weren't even talking... you got the good stuff...

Nicole Bradshaw said...

And, hey, don't make fu of my NOTES! I told you! I was an English major! I can't help it!

Sandi said...

In Nicole's defense, I brought notes for that one too. It was one hell of a book, IMO.

Dr. Wifey said...

Sandi, you liked Twilight? the vampires didn't give you nightmares?

JesusThroughMary said...

Twilight? Are you in a book club for 14-year-olds?