Thursday, January 03, 2008

"if"

If Ron Paul doesn't win the presidency, I hope Obama does. He's a foxy little thing, isn't he? Wouldn't mind looking at him for the next 4 years.

Generally, I'm not vapid enough to just vote for someone based on looks - doesn't even factor into my opinion of them, because I'm not a 17-year-old girl. I do know, however, that nobody but Dr. Paul will enact positive change in this country. If he's not elected, we'll spend the next 4 years in the handbasket we're already in, and everyone who didn't vote for Dr. Paul will be wondering where we're going.

If Dr. Paul's not elected, I might as well vote for the one person who will look good holding the handbasket.

Also, it's amazing to me how many people will follow a candidate just because of what he/she says on the campaign trails. We're more questioning of used car dealers than we are of presidential candidates. We will look at a car's history or at least look at the car itself before we buy it - we don't just accept whatever bs a salesperson will dole out. Mitt Romney's touting himself as THE pro-life anti-illegal immigrant conservative, and people are lapping it up despite his history of voting in the complete opposite manner. What if, while in office, he has yet another change of heart and realizes that a woman's right to choose is paramount in the fight for gender equality? The guy is nothing but dishonest - Joseph Smith would be appalled. Mike Huckabee is THE anti-tax conservative, despite his history - raised taxes more times while in office than Clinton did while he was in office.

Ron Paul has no skeletons in his closet. Feel free to look. Otherwise, just accept the crap the other candidates are selling you, and enjoy your seat in the handbasket.

7 comments:

JesusThroughMary said...

In that case, Jennifer Garner for president! You can have Ben Affleck as first gentleman, and we can all distract ourselves from reality by watching little Violet grow up right before our eyes. Plus she can do hot secret spy stuff and wear leather instead of those stuffy old business suits.

JesusThroughMary said...

Remember, Ben Affleck is a vaunted political mind in his own right, so it would almost be as useful as having Bill Clinton in the East Wing.

JesusThroughMary said...

If you're into dark meat, what about Will Smith? I could look at him for 4 years. He'd all be blowin' stuff up and killin' aliens and zombies and robots. Dang.

Geena Davis played the president on TV, and very well. I dug it. And she's still smokin' hot for 52.

Harrison Ford played the president AND killed terrorists while doing it. He's pretty hot for 65. But Calista Flockhart as First Mistress leaves a bit to be desired.

OK, I'm done. It's 2:30 and I'm tired.

From the Doghouse said...

What's that old saying? Something about politics being the show business for ugly people.

Stacey said...

Ooooh, I'd take Ben Affleck as First Hottie. I'd be all about Will Smith as president too. Foxes, the lot of them.

I've never heard that saying, doghouse, but looking at our current crop, it sho nuff is the truth - Thompson, Giuliani, Huckabee, Clinton - all ghastly. Mitt Romney looks like something out of a Norman Rockwell painting (right down to the shellacked hair) and Barack Obama is just dreamy, and John Edwards ain't so bad. My boy Ron wouldn't really qualify as a dashing older gentleman, in my humble yet loud opinion. Good thing that looks don't matter when it comes to the ability to run a country.

Lori said...

You know, I don't know nearly enough about Ron Paul. I am not far enough into my research yet. I will need to remedy that. Glad you found my blog.

I actually found you through my friend Kathy's site (Claire). Claire was born at the same hospital as Aidan and I met Kathy at a meeting we both attended to educate antepartum nurses on PIH and HELLP syndrome and what it is like for the patient.

I am so glad to have found yours too. I also realized I know you from p-l!

Truvie said...

If we could put Ron Paul's brain into Obama's smokin body, "Ronbama" would be nearly unbeatable!