Wednesday, January 02, 2008

800th post

Not fair.

Drew and I have an agreement. I like to sleep in, but I don't like taking naps during the day. Drew doesn't tend to sleep in (wakes up between 7-8 naturally) and loves taking naps during the day, so he's generally the one that gets up with Ace on his days home from work. The whole time Drew had off for Christmas-New Year's, Ace slept till between 9 and 10. Today, the day Drew went back to work, Ace woke up at 7:30. NOT. FAIR.

I suspect that it's because his daddy hit his snooze button approximately 6 times this morning and the alarm eventually woke Ace up.

Also, it's freakin' cold outside. High of 41 today, low of 19. I don't suppose I'll be taking the child out on his new tricycle or letting him swing in the backyard...

10 comments:

mayberry said...

I know. What is the deal??! The days Mini-me goes to daycare, I have to wake her up, otherwise she would probably sleep until after 8:00 (late for me). Come Saturday morning, she's up by 7:15 or earlier and ready for breakfast. I'll be glad when she's old enough to fix her own waffles!

Susan said...

Just let him ride the trike inside. Problem solved. =) But yes, it's too cold for civilized people outside. I'm thinking about quitting my job today so I don't have to get out in 19 degrees tomorrow morning.

Melinda said...

41! I wish. It's 31 outside and feels like 20 according to msn. Brrrrrrr... We had brief snow flurries this morning and will be getting more by this afternoon.

From the Doghouse said...

Mmmm ... waffles.

Congrats on 800!

I'm a stay up late and sleep in kind of guy myself; that generally doesn't get much respect. Get up early and take a nap later, you're fine. Just sleep in a little then stay up, you're lazy. Don't understand it.

Anonymous said...

i could sleep through a hurricane...seth wakes up at the drop of a hat...plays in my favor...don't you think?

JesusThroughMary said...

My friend BJ was something like 15 blocks away from the Twin Towers on 9/11 and slept through everything.

Not surprisingly, he doesn't have any kids.

Christy said...

You are right...That is NOT fair... and I agree it's freezing out there!

Congrats on your 800th post!

Sharon said...

Darn tootin kids. I firmly believe mornings should be all about Daddy-time. ;)

41...well, seems warm enough to me, but that's compared to 21 for a high! lol

Yes, congrats on the 800th post. Pretty cool.

HEATHER said...

I know exactly what you mean! My little man woke up at 5:00am when his dad woke up for work this morning. I had to litterally hold him down to keep him from following his daddy out the door.
Don't talk to me about cold-today our high in KY was 19 degrees!
Congrats on 800!

Webmaster said...

19 degrees? This is Mississippi, right? ??