Tuesday, May 08, 2007

10 things about me

I done got tagged by Sharon. For your reading pleasure, here are 10 things about me.

1. I think the worst part of motherhood is clipping fingernails. I've only made my kid bleed a few times and bought cute Batman bandaids for the occasion, but I really, really hate clipping fingernails.

2. I love cooking. Since Drew has been working his tail off on this project, I have cooked nearly every day, and I really love doing it. There's definitely a sense of accomplishment when your husband, who is a FANTASTIC cook, takes a bite of what you've made and goes "mmm!"

3. I think my husband is one of the greatest men alive, and I am proud every day to be his wife. I am extremely blessed to have a man like him.

4. My favorite towns in America are New Orleans and Las Vegas. It's strange, because I'm not much of a partier, but those are considered the two biggest party towns in the country.

5. I'm great with their/they're/there, your/you're, and two/to/too. I cannot seem to grasp its/it's.

6. I haven't had an alcoholic drink in nearly 2 years. I have had a few sips here and there just to taste things, but I haven't had a full drink since right after Katrina. I was trying to get pregnant, then I got pregnant, then I was breastfeeding... I don't know why I'm still abstaining. Probably because my family's a buncha drunks and I don't want to be like them.

7. I have always had a natural ear for other languages. When I started taking French in 9th grade, I would automatically translate everything I heard, every thought I thought, every song I knew into what little French I knew. It was like an automatic compulsion - I had no control. I spent a semester in France during my senior year, and was extremely proud of my ability to master something so complex as another language. Unfortunately, I have not spoken conversational French in probably 7 years. I can understand what's written, but if I tried to have a conversation with someone, I'd fail miserably. I want desperately to get my grasp on French back, but I have no idea how to do it.

8. Very little makes me more angry than seeing people smoking in cars with children. I cannot wait until it's at least a misdemeanor nationwide. It's tantamount to child neglect.

9. I am my mother's youngest child, my father's oldest biological child (as far as I know... he did spend a while in the Coast Guard), and one of the middle among my mom and stepdad's brood. I'm confused.

10. I remember really, really random things, but forget big things (like my good friend Melinda's birthday, for which I feel pretty much horrible). The girl who was my closest friend in France, Marie-Charlotte, celebrates her birthday today. Why do I remember that, considering I haven't spoken to hear in nearly 10 years? People in France (and most other parts in the world) write the day first, then the month, when writing a date. She wrote that her birthday was 08-05-1981, and since my birthday is August 5th, I thought she and I had the same birthday. She cleared up that particular confusion for me, and I've always remembered her birthday for that reason.

Let's tag 10 people. Hmmm.

Drew
Angie
Dave
Rob
Melinda
Christine
Clucky
Emily
The DP
Nina

4 comments:

Sharon said...

I want to shout "YOU GO GIRL!" for #8. I feel the same way!
Thanks for playing along w/ the meme.

Melinda said...

Don't feel bad about the b-day. I can remember some things in extraordinary detail, but I'm bad at remembering birthdays, holidays, etc. I keep putting together a date book with all my phone numbers and important dates. I've lost like half a dozen of them. Okay, that'll go on my ten things.

CluckyRN said...

Great. You tagged me...you stinker. What do I do-just cut & paste? You know I am HATEMAIL illiterate!

PS..I don't really hate the French, so don't be pissed. My maiden name is Denise Reppond for pete's sake. Talk about self-loathing!

Missing you today-trying to be funny and I think making some folks mad. I think I need a vacation or something.

~:>

Christine the Soccer Mom said...

Okay, the meme is up at this post.

Sorry I took so long. :)