Wednesday, January 11, 2006

A little look back

From my favorite Angie:

1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before? Housed hurricane evacuees, went to New York City, said the word "antiquing"

2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions, and will you make more for 2006? I haven't done those in a while. I have lots of plans for the next 7 months, though.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My girl Britney had a baby. I'm Preston's godmother, you know.

4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes.

5. What countries did you visit? U.S.A.!

6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005? A baby

7. What dates from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? August 28th - ah, do I really need to say? and December 10th - I ain't telling yet.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I housed my mother-in-law after the hurricane without leaving to go stay at my dad's.

9. What was your biggest failure of the year? I housed my mother-in-law after the hurricane without leaving to go stay at my dad's. Stupid gas.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Not really. My ceiling is a different story.

11. What was the best thing you bought? The foxy new car my neighbors mistook for a "Jag-wire."

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? George W. Bush! (Okay, I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.)

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? My mother-in-law's. Looters'. People who took FEMA disaster relief money and didn't need it a darn bit.

14. Where did most of your money go? The gub'ment, investments, and travel. Oh, and just a tad went to Buffalo Wild Wings.

15. What did you get really, really excited about? Miss Jean being okay. And other things. I ain't telling you yet.

16. What song will always remind you of 2005? "Wake Me Up When September Ends" by Green Day

17. Compared to last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? fatter
c) richer or poorer? richer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? ovulating

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? shopping

20. How will you be spending (did you spend) New Year's Eve? I watched lots of The Twilight Zone and threw out some old birthday cards

21. Did you fall in love in 2005? Every day. Every day with Drew is another day of falling in love.

22. How many one-night stands? Um, ew?

23. What was your favorite TV program? I discovered Law and Order SVU in 2005. I heart it.

24. Do you hate anyone this year that you didn't hate this time last year? Nah, not really a hater. I'm more of a disowner. I try to stay away from people who don't have a positive impact on me and my family.

25. What was the best book you read? The Life of Pi - a surprise suggestion from stepmommy (okay, so she shoved it down my throat... but she was right)

26. What was your greatest musical discovery? I joined the nation and Angie in their love of Kanye.

27. What did you want and get? Heh.

28. What did you want and not get? A dog

29. What was your favorite film of this year? Napoleon Dynamite and Serenity are a tie.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 25, and Drew forgive me, I don't remember what we did. My mom was here, though, I remember that, and I remember that Drew wanted to take me strawberry picking but they were out of season. I'm so tired, and utterly ashamed that I don't remember what we did.

31. What one thing made your year measurably more satisfying? Getting to visit California twice and see my goddaughters and being able to see 1 cousin graduate from college, 1 cousin graduate from high school, 1 mom graduate from college, and 1 cousin get married. It was a pretty good year with a couple of HUGE black splotches.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005? Jeans and a t-shirt. Yeah, I jazzed it up for work, but I'll never change my fashion concept. I did experiment with different shoes in 2005 - though I'll never give up flip-flops.

33. What kept you sane? Drew. He's so stable through everything. I love him.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Nathan Fillion.

35. What political issue stirred you the most? Oh, plenty. I think a lot of people did a lot wrong surrounding Katrina. I think Iraq has been one huge screwup. I think legalized abortion is one of the worst things to happen to women's rights in the past 100 years, but Iraq and abortion really aren't 2005 issues, so I'll stick with Katrina.

36. Who did you miss? My goddaughters, my friends, my family, New Orleans (and yes, New Orleans is a "who," not a "what.")

37. Who was the best new person you met? I met a family at a hotel nearby who had been stranded in their attic in New Orleans, on an I-10 overpass, in Houston, and finally they made their way to Brandon, MS. Through everything they endured, their faith shone like a beacon. The matron of the family, even when recounting seeing bodies float by her house and watching everything she had acquired over the past 70 years wash away, kept saying "But we're here now, we're safe, we're healthy, God is good, all the time." I loved her, I loved her family, and I hope they're okay now.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005. Category 5 hurricanes SUCK.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "Sugar, we're goin' down swingin'."

2 comments:

angie. said...

That's a good song lyric...I really couldn't some up with one :(

Maybe I'll claim that one...

angie. said...

I just noticed something, you said favorite angie. S, there's another?